2018-08-28 09:51:01

JRM motorcycle manufacturer Jawa


The founder of the company became motorcycle racer Jaroslav Simandl, who in 1948 moved his small tool factory from the border to Divišov. At the request of his co-drivers, whom he raced in England in 1949 at the Six-Day Motorcycle Competition, he started producing JAP engine spare parts in his production. The great interest in parts inspired Jaroslav Simando to build a complete JAP engine. In 1950, the first engine of the construction short-wheel S 45 was made, later called the ESO. The engines soon began to fit into their own production frames. Which started the production of the complete ESO motorcycles. In parallel with speedway motorcycles, Divišov also produced motorcycles for motocross and road racing.
In 1963 was his production included in to the company JAWA Týnec nad Sázavou. Motorcycles were further manufactured under the JAWA brand. Due to their modern concept, Divišov machines were promoted throughout the world. The greatest glory of this brand was brought by Briggs, Mauger and Olsen in the late sixties and early eighties.
After November 1989, JAWA Týnec nad Sázavou joined the company and became a separate stock company. In 1994, the company was privatized.
JAWA Divišov as one of the few survivors and significantly advances technical development in the speedway sport and became the most successful brand in the 75-year history of the speedway world.
Today, JAWA Divišov develops and manufactures successful motorcycles and engines for short, long, grassy and icy flats. The JAWA dealer network sells more than 90 percent of its production to 24 countries across five continents.The founder of the company became motorcycle racer Jaroslav Simandl, who in 1948 moved his small tool factory from the border to Divišov. At the request of his co-drivers, whom he raced in England in 1949 at the Six-Day Motorcycle Competition, he started producing JAP engine spare parts in his production. The great interest in parts inspired Jaroslav Simando to build a complete JAP engine. In 1950, the first engine of the construction short-wheel S 45 was made, later called the ESO. The engines soon began to fit into their own production frames. Which started the production of the complete ESO motorcycles. In parallel with speedway motorcycles, Divišov also produced motorcycles for motocross and road racing.
In 1963 was his production included in to the company JAWA Týnec nad Sázavou. Motorcycles were further manufactured under the JAWA brand. Due to their modern concept, Divišov machines were promoted throughout the world. The greatest glory of this brand was brought by Briggs, Mauger and Olsen in the late sixties and early eighties.
After November 1989, JAWA Týnec nad Sázavou joined the company and became a separate stock company. In 1994, the company was privatized.
JAWA Divišov as one of the few survivors and significantly advances technical development in the speedway sport and became the most successful brand in the 75-year history of the speedway world.
Today, JAWA Divišov develops and manufactures successful motorcycles and engines for short, long, grassy and icy flats. The JAWA dealer network sells more than 90 percent of its production to 24 countries across five continents.